Sunday, September 29, 2013

You and I are a team. Nothing is more important than our friendship. - Mike, from Monsters, Inc.

Hi again to our lovely readers!  This is Jennie and I'll be posting the first part of a two part post about our wedding party.  On the day we made our announcement as to where the wedding was to be held, we invited our two families out to dinner as well as three of the members we hoped would be in our wedding party.

Immediately after making the announcement of where the wedding was to be held, we asked our bridal party if they wanted to be involved and they all received a gift box as we "popped the question" to them.

So in today's blog post I'll be writing about our lovely, gorgeous, wonderful and fantabulous bridesmaids!  My two lovely Disney maidens that I have hand selected to be aiding me on my special day are two girls that are very special to me and I have known for a very long time.

The first is my matron of honour:  Corinne Knoll

 
Corinne loves her stuffed animals, so no doubt when she gets to WDW she'll be raiding the stores!


Corinne is my younger sister, not just a little younger, but younger by seven years! She may be younger but don't be deceived by this fact, she is probably far more mature than I'll ever hope to be. Well mostly... she's still incredibly fun, silly and very social!

I've known Corinne her entire life, she might say "sadly", but besides our parents I'm the only one that can vouch for her being adopted... no, really!

Although she was adopted, Corinne has great genetics and has grown into an elegant beautiful woman, and like our entire family, Corinne and I are pretty close.  Regardless of the attention seeking fights we had!

Corinne on her wedding day, she's so purdy!!

Corinne has always shared a similar passion for Disney as I have, and although we've always been ultra competitive in certain aspects of our lives (NES, SNES, N64, thumb wars, just to name a few) I think we share many similar passions, especially when it comes to the shows we like.

We may have a number of similar interests, but Corinne is almost the polar opposite in personality to me.  She's the yang to my yin, which is perfect for adding the extra perspective from her light and bubbly side.  She's the extrovert and I'm the introvert, I'll be thinking something but won't say it, she will.

When searching through Corinne's facebook photos I had to wade through lots and lots of photos similar to this...

She's extremely organized and fantastic at getting things done on time (again the polar opposite to me)!  I really couldn't think of a better person to be by my side ensuring everything runs smoothly... plus I get to boss her around for an entire day.  It's the ultimate wedding gift!!!

The second is my bridesmaid: Natalie Le

Natalie is Tan's younger sister and is pretty much like my second sister, I've known her since she was about 9 years old and she's always been incredibly supportive and ready to stick up me for at every opportunity (and always ready to beat up anyone that looked at me wrong!)

She has grown up into a gorgeous young woman and has always shared my love of Harry Potter, in fact I blame Natalie for getting me interested in Harry Potter.  She was the one that loaned me her books in the very beginning.

She's an awesome cook as well, but I won't be making her cater the wedding.

She's always helping me with sourcing the best beauty products, and has fantastic fashion sense.  We share tips on looking after our furry families.  Deuce (my cat) is about the same age as Natalie's cat "Heidi" and were rescued from the same shelter.

Natalie getting picked up by "Donkey" in his waffle stand.

Natalie and I also share the same love of traveling, so she was super excited when she heard the wedding was going to be in Orlando!

We're pumped to beat these bitches at their own game!

I can't wait to see these two gorgeous girls all gowned up as my maidens, hopefully we can sing some crazy Disney princess songs and then bluebirds and bunnies will be surrounding and following us everywhere!

That's all from me, thanks for reading and please come back to read Tan's post on the groomsmen!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I was photobombed by a bowl of onions..

    My favourite post by far!! Love you guys! And btw, I was actually shopping for booze. HAHA. It's no surprise that I am Tan's little sister...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I changed the photo because I thought the one with Donkey was even better! :)

      Delete